Reflections on our trip
Why do I write this blog………… simply for the memories which we both tend to forget over time.
Well we have been home for 3 weeks now and our trip is but a blur so I thought it timely to reflect on the worst and best of our once in a lifetime holiday.
Would we go back, hell yes but only if we won the lottery.
– Air New Zealand – bad experience (since when do you have to pre order a meal on an international flight and have to pay for your movies)
– Tahiti – first impression is; don’t bother, its run down, the hotels are more three star than four and its expensive (this may be a little harsh given to short exposure we had)
– No connecting flights – its a chore to get there
– Booking through a travel agent – they all pretend to offer you a great deal but end up being more expensive than doing it yourself
– The Lagoon Restaurant by Jean-Georges – overpriced and overrated with a touch of food poisoning to boot
– The wet season – a little wetter than expected but it does keep the crowds down
-The French – what can I say.
– Bora Bora – was all that it claimed to be and more
– Our St Regis over the water villa – room 229 was exceptional
– The service – our butler Sebastian was very attentive as were all the St Regis staff
– The Novotel in Auckland – what a great idea if you are transiting
– Our chauffeur and his Audi A8 – a nice touch
– The Botswana Butchery – best restaurant of the whole trip
– Mt Otemanu – what a magical view
– Our Hainie cocktails – a very refreshing drink to be had in the tropics
– The Polynesia n people – very friendly, la Orana (yo-rah-nah).